Medical Assistant, Mandel Dermatology
Mandel Dermatology – Upper East Side & Mandel Dermatology Jericho, Long Island are looking for a passionate Medical Assistant to join the team. This position is intended to be a long-term opportunity.
Mandel Dermatology is proud to have been family-run since 1963, and we continue to provide excellence in dermatology and skin care through our patient-centric approach to medicine. We are seeking a passionate, caring, and hard-working Medical Assistant to join our Upper East Side or Jericho, Long Island location in a full-time capacity.
The Dermatology Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Estheticians in all aspects of patient care. The Medical Assistant ensures that patients receive the highest level of care, and that the medical provider they are assisting is informed and prepared before, during, and after a patient’s visit.
- Staffing check-in desk, patient reception/waiting room area, and patient check out
- Conducting initial patient interviews
- Assisting providers in exam rooms during consultations, assessments, and during medical and cosmetic procedures such as biopsies or other surgeries
- Documenting medical notes in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software as directed by providers
- Preparing biopsies and other medical laboratory tests for pick up and testing
- Electronically sending prescriptions to pharmacy for patients and as directed by providers
- Drawing blood; Phlebotomy certification a plus
- Assisting in stocking and maintaining stock of skin care products
- Assisting in stocking supplies in exam and treatment rooms
- Answering phones to assist in scheduling patient appointments, placing mail orders, or answering general questions regarding the practice, its providers, and available services
- Other duties as assigned by Office Managers
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Previous training or experience as a medical assistant and/or other relevant medical or patient care experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records software and/or solid computer background and skills; prior experience or familiarity with “PrognoCIS” software is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English skills; bilingual with Spanish is a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours at our Upper East Side office location, including starting as early 7AM and ending as late as 7PM Monday – Friday
- Ability to work independently, or as a team
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Formal Medical Assistant training from a certification or training program
- Phlebotomy training and/or certification
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Strong Customer Service skills
Team Member Expectations:
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice (infrequently)
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Computer and other office equipment
- Medical tools and instruments, including sharp objects
- Fast-paced, high-volume medical office environment
- Generally, not required, or up to 15 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds infrequently (assisting moving boxes of skin care products)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the team member assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
Mitchell J. Mandel, M.D., P.C. / Mandel Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and include your resume/CV and cover letter.
Other Jobs at Mandel Dermatology
Perks of the Job
We pride ourselves on offering a fair base pay based on your previous experience.
We are proud to offer a company 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
As a benefit of our strong relationship with industry partners, we are proud to offer weekly lunches.
We value hard work, but also know that time off is just as important, which is why we are proud to be flexible.
Join us at one of our annual outings whether its for the holidays or just because, we know how to have fun.
At Mandel Dermatology, you’re not only gaining a job, but also a family friendly team there to support you.
Get in Touch
116 E. 68th Street, Suite 1C
New York, NY 10065