Dermatology FAQ and Q&A
Looking for a quick answer to your skin care or dermatology questions? You’ve come to the right place. Not seeing the answer you’re looking for? Get in touch. Our friendly team members are here to help.
Do you have a list of prices for cosmetic procedures?
Do you accept my insurance plan for a medical visit?
Mandel Dermatology is proud to accept most major insurance plans.
Below is a list of plans that we do not accept in any of our offices.
If you are unsure if your specific plan is accepted, please contact us and we would be happy to check your specific plan eligibility.
- Benefit Medicaid
- Child Health Plus
- Family Health Plus
- United HealthCare Community Plan
- Medicare Complete Choice (Syracuse)
- Oxford Mosaic Plan
- United HealthCare Charter Plan
- United HealthCare Core Essential
- United HealthCare Compass Plan
- HealthFirst (Accepted in NYC & West Babylon ONLY)
- Health Plus
- Fidelis Metal Plans (Bronze, Gold, Silver, Platinum)
- EmblemHealth Medicaid (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- EmblemHealth Enhanced Care Plan (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- EmblemHealth Enhanced Care Plan Plus (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- EmblemHealth Essential Plans (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- Managed Long Term Care Medicaid (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
*For Fidelis, check the Rx Group Number on the card. If the number is anything other than RX6460 we are not in network with your plan.
*For Blue Cross Blue Shield, if your plan is through Health Plus, we are not in network with your plan.
Do I need a referral?
Some insurance plans require a referral or pre-authorized visit codes prior to your visit with us. Below is a list of plans that often have a requirement, but please not, this is not a comprehensive list of all plans that require referral or authorization.
*Please double check with your insurance provider for the most accurate information, prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Emblem HIP
- Emblem Health Care Partners (all codes need authorization before visit)
- Oxford/United HealthCare (Check back of card for requirements)
- Aetna (Check back of card for requirements)
- Health First (Call insurance company to find out if visit requires authorization)
- Oxford Metro
Why do I have to sign up for the patient portal?
Why don't all doctors have the same patient portal?
Can you email my receipt?
Why can't I reply "YES" or "NO" to my appointment confirmation?
Can I have a tracking number for my online or phone order?
How much does a consultation cost without insurance?
How long is the wait?
Why did I hear someone check in with the same appointment time as me?
What is Dr. Mandel's email address?
What is Dr. Mandel's cell phone number?
How long does it take for my lab results or other test results to come in?
Same-Day Dermatology Appointments Near You
Our Dermatology offices are conveniently located in your neighborhood and telemedicine visits bring dermatology to wherever you are. Discover our locations and Teledermatology options, book online, get in touch, or visit us for a same-day walk-in appointment.
Click here for Telemedicine appointments
Upper East Side, NYC
Address: 116 E. 68th Street, 1C, New York, NY 10065
Cross Streets: Between Park & Lexington Avenues
Transit: Located off the 6 subway line at 68th Street, Hunter College
Friday: OPEN (HOURS VARY)
Jericho, Long Island
Address: 500 N. Broadway, Suite 166, Jericho, NY 11753
Location: Located next to the Whole Foods shopping center
Parking: There is ample parking onsite at the 500 N. broadway building