Looking for a quick answer? You’ve come to the right place. Not seeing the answer you’re looking for? Email us below, or give us a call. Our friendly team members are here to help.
Or call us at 212-570-9595
Do you have a list of prices for cosmetic procedures?
Do you accept my insurance plan?
Mandel Dermatology is proud to accept most major insurance plans.
Below is a list of plans that we do not accept in any of our offices.
If you are unsure if your specific plan is accepted, please contact us and we would be happy to check your specific plan eligibility.
- Benefit Medicaid
- Child Health Plus
- Family Health Plus
- United HealthCare Community Plan
- Medicare Complete Choice (Syracuse)
- Oxford Mosaic Plan
- United HealthCare Charter Plan
- United HealthCare Core Essential
- United HealthCare Compass Plan
- HealthFirst (Accepted in NYC & West Babylon ONLY)
- Health Plus
- Fidelis Metal Plans (Bronze, Gold, Silver, Platinum)
- EmblemHealth Medicaid (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- EmblemHealth Enhanced Care Plan (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- EmblemHealth Enhanced Care Plan Plus (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- EmblemHealth Essential Plans (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
- Managed Long Term Care Medicaid (Accepted ONLY in Jericho)
*For Fidelis, check the Rx Group Number on the card. If the number is anything other than RX6460 we are not in network with your plan.
*For Blue Cross Blue Shield, if your plan is through Health Plus, we are not in network with your plan.
Do I need a referral?
Some insurance plans require a referral or pre-authorized visit codes prior to your visit with us. Below is a list of plans that often have a requirement, but please not, this is not a comprehensive list of all plans that require referral or authorization.
*Please double check with your insurance provider for the most accurate information, prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Emblem HIP
- Emblem Health Care Partners (all codes need authorization before visit)
- Oxford/United HealthCare (Check back of card for requirements)
- Aetna (Check back of card for requirements)
- Health First (Call insurance company to find out if visit requires authorization)
- Oxford Metro
Why do I have to sign up for the patient portal?
Why don't all doctors have the same patient portal?
Can you email my receipt?
Why can't I reply "YES" or "NO" to my appointment confirmation?
Can I have a tracking number for my online or phone order?
How much does a consultation cost without insurance?
How long is the wait?
Why did I hear someone check in with the same appointment time as me?
What is Dr. Mandel's email address?
What is Dr. Mandel's cell phone number?
How long does it take for my lab results or other test results to come in?
Areas of Focus
With a conservative approach and one of the highest patient satisfaction rates around, Mandel Dermatology is your go-to for everything from yearly skin exams to cancerous lesion excisions. Yearly skin exams are just as important, if not more important than an annual physical. That’s why our Physicians and PAs are always trained in the latest protocols and treatments to keep you healthy.
Rx Skin Care
Have a Different Question?
Message us via the chatbot below Or call — (212) 570-9595